BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 26, 2009

Setting Intention

This has been a busy few weeks and my best intention to write daily has not been met. Oh well, it's a new day and I can always begin a new.

What have I been doing with my time? I have made it through the first hurdle of getting my dissertation proposal accepted by my committee chair and sent on to the rest of my committee. That has been a huge project! And I sigh in relief that I have succeeded to that level. I have the goal of graduating next June with a PhD in Clinical Psychology, which requires I get my research completed and the conclusions written into my dissertation. I have quite an admiration for anyone who gets through this process, because it just is not easy. There are many obstacles along the way and it takes endurance, tenacity, and sometimes bulldog determination to stay the course.

Of course those qualities are required to make any intention, dream, and/or desire a reality. To that end... it has been my intention to get my health, weight, and energy level back on track as well. I did a kidney, colon, liver cleanse for three weeks. During that time I gave up coffee, dairy, meat, sweets, alcohol. I have to say this was not fun! However, it is with energy work, meditation, and acceptance of my wellness that I have now accepted that I can imbibe in some of those habits again in moderation.

In addition I have found a gym that I like and begun taking classes in NIA. Now that is fun! NIA is a form of aerobics, martial arts, and yoga in dance form. I really love the energy of it and the pure enjoyment of movement just for the joy of it! I am also swimming a couple of times per week as well. Swimming has always been a great form of exercise for me. It is low impact, tones quickly and easily... and again (a big factor for me) is FUN!

So I have been busy... meditating regularly has benefitted me greatly, a new exercise regime, continuing to progress on my professional and academic work, and a renewed committment to my own wellness in body,mind/emotions, and spirit. It's all good.

0 comments: